.

Our History

Northview Adventist School (NAS) praises God for 73 years of

Adventist Christian education in the Cadillac area!
 

We trace our roots back to 1899, when the first Seventh-day Adventist church

organized in Cadillac at 895 Farrar Street. It was here, in the fall of 1943, that

members with a commitment to Adventist education joined together to open a

school for their children.


At first, the school functioned inside the original church building. By 1948,

however, the school had outgrown the church building, prompting the Lake City

School Board to purchase a new building on River Street in Cadillac. Over time,

members of the Cadillac Seventh-day Adventist church erected a new sanctuary as

well, on East Division Street.


Nearby, from approximately 1952 to 1958, the Marion Seventh-day Adventist

Church also had a school offering education from first through tenth grade.

Through various circumstances, Marion eventually formed a constituency with the

Lake City and Cadillac churches, and a larger learning facility was again needed;

accordingly, in 1962, after the property on River Street was sold to the city so they

could add more space for the Diggins Hill ski area, the school moved to the lower

level of the new Cadillac church on East Division Street.


Over time, church families worked together to provide another independently

standing facility. Our current four-classroom building was built on the Cadillac

Church’s property and occupied in 1968. Thanks to strong support, a gymnasium

addition was completed and volunteers installed a hardwood floor in the fall of

1993.


We are thankful for all the churches that have served as members of our

constituency through the years, including the Idlewild Seventh-day Adventist

Church of Baldwin. Our current constituency includes the 13th Street, Bristol,

Cadillac, Lake City, Manton and Marion Seventh-day Adventist Churches.